Join Us In Israel
February 14th - 24th, 2022
We hope you'll join us as the North Louisiana Jewish Community heads to Israel! Whether this is your first trip to Israel, or you'd like to return, this incredible 10 day trip has been created with our community in mind. Every day it is becoming increasingly likely that we will have a completely full trip in February and we cannot wait for you to be a part of it!
Let us know today if you're interested in joining! Take this quick 2-minute survey to get all trip updates! Take The Survey
- 2 Nights accommodation at Kibbutz Hagoshrim Guest House
- 6 Nights accommodation at the Dan Panorama Hotel, Jerusalem
- 2 Nights accommodation at the Renaissance Hotel, Telv Aviv
- Full Israeli breakfast daily the hotels, plus 5 dinners and 3 lunches (many lunches and dinners you are free to eat where you'd like).
- 11 days with an English-speaking private tour guide
- Transportation in a luxury bus during the 10-days (excluding Shabbat)
- Transfer from Tel Aviv to Ben Gurion Airport on the day of departure
- Entrance fees on all activities based on the itinerary
- Bottles of water, daily (to keep you hydrated)
- Porterage at all hotels
- Flight NOT included
The cost for the trip (30 participants) is at:
$3,121* / person for anyone sharing a room
$4,053* / person for anyone who would like their own room
(Flights not included)
*Single participants are welcome to share a room with one another for the reduced rate
*The North Louisiana Jewish Federation has set aside a $300 / person subsidy for any Federation members who would like to attend the trip.
*Additional financial assistance may be available through the congregations and other organizations which the NLJF can help you locate.
The final cost of the trip is subject to change based on total number of participants (more participants = less cost). Our initial limit for the trip is 30 participants - if we have many more people show interest, we can adjust the trip to accommodate more people.
*Exact programming subject to change
- When will official registration begin?
- We will have registration available in early June. There will be a $500/person deposit required at the time of registration in order to save your spot on the trip.
- How many people can register for the trip?
- At the moment, we are limiting the trip to 30 individuals. Once registration opens, these spots will be filled on a first-come first-served basis until we reach capacity. At that point we will open up a waiting list. In the event that waiting list grows too large, we will then decide whether or not we can open additional spots on the trip.
- Is the airfare included in the price?
- No, the airfare is not included in the price. This is to allow more flexibility to those participating who would like to travel independently or travel from different locations. Any participants who would like to extend their travels may also have the freedom to do so.
- Can we choose to extend our travels?
- Absolutely! Since everyone will be responsible for their own flight, you are welcome to arrive in Israel early, or depart late.
- How much is airfare?
- Cost of airfare is entirely dependent on how you choose to fly. Generally, flights to Israel from the US cost around $1000 - $1200 round-trip. This can often be offset by using any airline miles you may have. If we get enough participants looking to fly from the same location, we can also try to help facilitate the purchase of group-airfare which may save a few dollars. This is subject to availability with the airlines and the number of participants we have on the trip.
- For those of us coming alone on the trip, can you help pair us with roommates?
- Absolutely! Once registration opens in June, we will provide a question on the registration about whether or not you would like to room alone. We will do our best to help pair individual participants who would like a roommate.
- Who will be leading the trip?
- Our Program Director, Rabbi Feivel Rubinstein will be leading the trip. He has experience leading several similar trips over the last decade, lived for two years in Jerusalem, and is excited to be joining for this adventure. While in Israel, we will also have an English-speaking tour guide provided by our travel agency: Israel Maven.
- Is this a family-friendly trip?
- Our trip is designed for individuals of most-ages, and none of our planned activities have age restrictions. However, this trip will be an active trip with a lot of walking. For children old enough to be active participants, we recommend they join! Children in strollers, or adults who require wheelchairs may want to consider an alternate trip instead.
- What if I don't want to participate in one of the scheduled activities?
- If you see something on the itinerary that does not sound of interest to you, please let us know! The itinerary has not been finalized yet, and we would love any input you would like to offer (of course, while not all suggestions can be honored, we will do our best to accommodate).
- What other opportunities are there for additional financial assistance?
- If you are in need of additional financial assistance, please reach out to us. We will do everything in our power to help you find grants and scholarships that are available for these types of trips. While we cannot guarantee any additional assistance beyond the $300 stipend for Federation members, we can certainly do what we can to help you join us on this trip.
- What is the cancellation policy?
- When you register, you will be required to pay a $500 / person deposit to reserve your spot. This money will go towards your total for the trip and is fully reimbursable prior to December 1st, 2021. After that date, only partial refunds will be available depending on when your cancellation occurs. You will also be provided with a full payment schedule upon registration.