1) Donate to the Jewish Federations' fund for emergency relief
3) Share a prayer or message of hope on our message board
4) Stay up to date on the situation - we will frequently update our website
5) Wear a blue ribbon in solidarity with the hostages and their families - read more here and request ribbons here
6) If you wish to get involved or volunteer, email email@example.com
7) Perform a mitzvah
8) Sign ADL's petitions calling for responsible media coverage of the war in Israel and urging social media platforms to follow better content moderation practices
Already, Jewish Federations have allocated $27 million to over 20 organizations providing emergency relief and support in Israel, including the Jewish Agency for Israel, JDC, World ORT, Israel Trauma Coalition, United Hatzalah, Magen David Adom, ZAKA, Barzilai Medical Center, and the Soroka Medical Center.
These funds are being put to a slew of immediate and urgent needs, such as medical care, emergency services, evacuation, transport, housing, supporting victims of terror, trauma relief and psychological support, as well as preparing for medium- and long-term needs.
On Wednesday, October 11, there was a Community Solidarity Gathering for Israel at Centenary College in Shreveport. In attendance were about 130 people including several elected officials and representatives from many faith groups.