Congregations in North Louisiana
There are three active congregations in North Louisiana. For more information about individual congregations, click on the links below. For more information about prayer services, click here.
- Agudath Achim (Conservative Judaism)
- B'nai Zion Congregation (Reform Judaism)
- Temple B'nai Israel (Reform Judaism)
Jewish Movements in North Louisiana
- Conservative Judaism
- Conservative Judaism is a denomination that is not affiliated or synonymous with any political association. The organizing body is known as the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism (USCJ), formed in 1913. The governing body is known as the Rabbinical Assembly (RA), founded in 1901, and is now comprised of hundreds of rabbis across the United States.
- Reform Judaism
- The organizing body is known as the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ), formed in 1873. The governing body is known as the Central Conference of American Rabbis (CCAR) and is comprised of hundreds of rabbis across the United States.