Following the advice of the CDC and the Louisiana Department of Health, all in-person Federation events and meetings have been moved online, postponed, or cancelled until further notice.
While staying at home can be difficult both physically and emotionally, we are here to help. With technology today, there are many ways to continue to learn, be entertained, and even come together as groups through digital platforms. Here is a list of just some technologies that are available to us all, as we do our part to keep the community safe.
- Zoom: Many individuals and organizations are using Zoom for video conferencing and classroom learning. If you are unfamiliar with this platform, you can click this link for a tutorial.
- For families, PJ library has some great resources, videos, and activities. You can find these by clicking this link.
- There are great classes and concerts being offered for free online. The 92nd Street Y in New York is one of them, though a quick google search may yield many more.
- Jewish Community Centers around the country are offering lots of online engagement opportunities. Find out more by clicking this link.
- Do you enjoy mahjohng? Here's a link to a cool free online version.
- Are Broadway shows more your cup of tea? Broadway HD is offering a free 7-day trial.
Have you found some other great ways to manage your time at home? Let us know! Email email@example.com and let us know so we can share your great ideas with the rest of the community. Or, post it to our instagram and facebook pages! (@jewishnla). We'd love to hear from you.
We will get through these difficult times together, as a community.
If you need any assistance, or know someone who does, please reach out to us through our contact form. We are here to help.